Registering a new residence deregistering

Registering a new residence deregistering

A move causes a lot of work: moving helpers have to be organized, boxes lugged and furniture reassembled in the new apartment. Not to be forgotten is the bureaucratic effort that many apartment changers like to put off – with unpleasant consequences. Because changing the residence means more than just going to the office once. With the following step-by-step instructions, relocators will manage to contact both the authorities and important service providers, such as the bank or the energy supplier, in good time and in the correct manner.

1 Step 1: Inform service provider in advance
2 Step 2: Deregistering the old apartment
3 Step 3: Collect documents for re-registration
4 Step 4: Re-registering your main residence
5 Step 5: Re-registration of all vehicles
6 Step 6: Forwarding order with the post office
7 Conclusion: Start early and in a structured manner

Step 1: Inform service provider in advance

Even before authorities are informed about the move, own service providers should be notified. These are mainly the following companies or institutions:

– Bank – tax office – insurances – associations – employer – mobile phone provider – health insurance company

It is particularly important to inform the telecommunications service provider in good time. Otherwise, it may be necessary to do without a landline and Internet access for the first few weeks in the new apartment. It is also particularly important and urgent to register with the new energy and heating provider. First, the old meter readings for electricity, water and gas in the old apartment are taken down. Afterwards these are to be transmitted to the respective offerer, whereby directly a new contract can be locked.

Tip: A change of apartment can be ideally used to also change the provider of a service. However, this is always possible only if the notice is given in time. It is also advisable to make an agreement with the new service provider about "relocation assistance". Then the provider takes care of the termination on behalf of the client and the uninterrupted supply of electricity, gas, etc. As a rule of thumb, the procedure should be carried out about a month before the actual move.

Step 2: Deregistering the old apartment

In order for a new main residence to be registered at all, it is necessary to deregister the old address. This takes place with the responsible municipality. Requires either the postal correspondence or the personal interview. A new address does not have to be provided at this stage.

Tip: If you are still using your old apartment – for example, because it is the address of your parents – you can also simply register a secondary residence. Then no deregistration with the municipality is necessary.

Step 3: Collect documents for re-registration

As soon as the main residence is actively changed, a change of address is necessary. This should be done no later than one month after the move, otherwise you could face a fine. This can currently amount to up to 726 euros, in the case of multiple violations even up to 2.180 Euro. Therefore, it is advisable to start with the preparations for the re-registration in time and to gather the relevant documents:

– identity card, passport or birth certificate – proof of current address (purchase contract, rental contract o.Ä.) – If available, proof of academic titles – For applicants who do not have Austrian citizenship, the travel document – Completed registration form

Unless the new address is property, the signature of the accommodation provider is required. This can be, for example, the landlord or, in the case of a sublease, the main tenant.

Step 4: Re-register your main residence

For the implementation of the re-registration itself there are only two possibilities. Either citizens look for the nearest municipal office or. Magistrate or they will send the required documents by mail. In Vienna, the so-called Magistratische Bezirksamt is responsible. As a rule, it is much easier to visit in person at the next office hours.

To do this, simply bring along the documents already listed. The registration form is a prefabricated form that citizens can find directly on the Internet in all cities and municipalities. Also on the spot the employees hand out the registration form. The registration process itself is then completed within a few minutes. An employee confirms the change of residence and changes the information on your own identification documents accordingly.

Important: In the case of families, do not forget that all family members must be individually re-registered with their own registration form. Even with minors, the re-registration of the parents does not automatically lead to the children being re-registered.

You can also find more information about registering, deregistering or re-registering under help.Gv.At.

Step 5: Re-registration of all vehicles

A re-registration must be made not only for the residence itself, but also for the payment slip of the car. However, this is not necessary if you are moving within your current district, but it is necessary if you are moving beyond your current district. If you move within the same district, you only need to go to the nearest vehicle registration office, to have the corresponding new address entered in the type certificate.

The re-registration itself is completed within a few minutes. However costs of 153 Euro for the change itself and another 18 Euro ffor the exchange of the license plate due. This measure is usually necessary if a resident's sticker is required for the car. Because cities only issue them if the main residence is also registered where the car is registered.

Step 6: Forwarding order at the post office

Without appropriate measures, all mail will continue to be sent to the old address – even if there is a different name on the doorbell. Because when in doubt, the letter carrier is encouraged to look at the address. Therefore it is important to think about a forwarding order at the post office at the same time as you change your address.

All you have to do is go to the nearest post office and place the order. There are no fees for three month fees of 11,90 Euro a n, whereby the forwarding order can be placed for up to one year. You need to allow about three days' notice. If this deadline is not respected, it may happen that some letters do not arrive at the new home. Because the next tenant or. New occupant of the apartment is explicitly not obliged to forward the letters – even though most people will do so out of courtesy.

Conclusion: Start early and in a structured way

You should not begin the process of re-registering your residence when the moving boxes are already in your new home. In particular, service providers such as your own bank, energy supplier or telecommunications company should be contacted about a month before the move. So there will be no unwanted delays afterwards. The actual re-registration of the main residence is then done either by mail or in person at the municipality. For this purpose, registration slips, a valid identity document and proof of current residence must be carried along. It is also important to submit a forwarding order to the post office.

Like this post? Please share to your friends:
Leave a Reply

;-) :| :x :twisted: :smile: :shock: :sad: :roll: :razz: :oops: :o :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :grin: :evil: :cry: :cool: :arrow: :???: :?: :!: