Just like many other manufacturers, the British company Frog Bikes, founded in 2013 by Shelley and Jerry Lawson, builds children's bikes from lightweight, sturdy aluminum frames. The special feature of the Frog bikes is the crank specially designed by the famous bicycle engineer Dimitris Katsanis with less space between the pedals which consequently allows a more direct power transfer. Moreover, the crank with the smaller Q-factor (the lateral distance between the feet when pedaling) makes it possible to cycle comfortably and efficiently. Furthermore, keep in mind that children's legs grow faster than their torsos. The manufacturer uses the same type of crank for the entire hybrid range, consequently the crank can be exchanged for a longer one at the dealer when the child's growth spurt occurs. In collaboration with sports scientists from the University of Brunel, both the frames and the components are constantly being developed further. By the way, Frog Bikes is one of the few manufacturers that also race-. Offers track wheels already from a size of 20 inches.
Running bikes are better than bikes with training wheels – mainly because children learn to balance and train their balance. Children can start to ride a bike from 1,5-2 years old if they are big enough. Provided that the child can reach the ground well with both feet. Accordingly, the seat height should be about 2 cm lower than the crotch height. For smaller children, it makes sense to choose a wheel with wide pneumatic tires – after all, they offer a better driving experience.
Tadpole wheels offer:
– Lightweight, sturdy frame – Tektro rear brake with easy-to-reach brake lever – Handlebar stopper for added safety – Top-mounted brake arms prevent feet from getting caught – Seat clamp with quick release for easy height adjustment – 5-year warranty on frame and fork – Reflectors and bell included
Tadpole Mini 10 inch / 18 months+ / 3.46kg Tadpole 12 inch / 2-3 years / 4.17kg Tadpole Plus 14 inch / 3-4 years / 4.18kg
Frog children's bikes with pedals
The Frog entry-level bike with pedals can initially also serve as a running bike for older children by removing the pedals.
Frog entry-level bikes offer:
– A lightweight, strong frame – Tektro rear brake with easy-to-reach brake lever – Patented Frog crank – Seat clamp with quick release for easy height adjustment – Free 5-year warranty on frame and fork – Includes reflectors and bell
Frog 40 14 inches / 3-4 years / 6.46 kg Frog 44 16 inch / 4-5 years / 6.39kg Frog 52 (Single Speed) 20 inch / 5-6 years / 7.64 kg
Frog hybrid wheels
The Frog Hybrid Bike is an all-round children's bike whether on sidewalks, paths or forest trails. They come with mudguards and the option to add a rack to the frame as well. On top of that, the rapid shifting offers better uphill maneuverability.
Hybrid bikes offer:
– A lightweight, sturdy frame – Tektro rear brake with easy-to-reach brake lever – 8-speed thumb shift and Shimano cassette hub – Patented Frog crank – Seat clamp with quick release for easy height adjustment – Free 5-year warranty on frame and fork – Includes reflectors and bell
Frog 52 20 inch / 5-6 years / 8.54 kg Frog 55 20 inches / 6-7 years / 8.55 kg Frog 62 24 inch / 8-10 years / 9.25 kg Frog 69 26 inches / 10-12 years / 9.98 kg Frog 73 26 inches / 12-14 years / 9.75 kg Frog 78 26 inch / 13+years / 10 kg
Frog racing bikes
The Frog Junior children's racing bikes are ideal for racing, cyclocross and triathlon training or competitions. They have child-sized handlebars which consequently provide more comfort. In addition, the road bikes are supplied with two sets of tires for road and light terrain.
Frog racing bikes offer:
– A narrow, short, child-sized handlebar – Microshift short-circuit brake lever – 9-speed (Frog Road 58, 67& 70) – Additional brake levers on handlebars for added confidence and safety – Lightweight, strong frame – Tektro Oryx cantilever brakes – Patented, short (114mm), kid-friendly Frog crank – Seat clamp with quick release for easy height adjustment – Two sets of tires: Kenda Road and Kenda Cyclocross – Free 5-year warranty on frame and fork – Reflectors and bell included
Frog Road 58 20 inch / 6-7 years / 8.2 kg Frog Road 67 24 inch / 8-12 years / 8.8 kg Frog Road 70 26 inch / 11-14 years / 9.3 kg
Frog railroad wheels
These bikes with super light frames are ideal for children who want to race either on track or on grass tracks.
Track bikes offer:
– A very lightweight frame – Narrow and short child-sized handlebars, with black padded handlebar tape – Patented short child-sized Frog cranks – Seat clamp with quick release for easy height adjustment – Kenda track tires – Flip-flop axle for freewheel or fixed use – Free 5-year warranty on frame and fork
Frog Track 58 20 inches / 6-7 years / 6.78 kg Frog Track 67 24 inch / 8-12 years / 7.4 kg Frog Track 70 26 inches / 11-14 years / 7.77 kg
Frog kids mountain bikes
These 24-26 inch mountain bikes for kids 8-10 years old are multi-terrain bikes for off-road use. They offer junior-specific components, such as. A suspension fork adapted to lighter riders. Adjustable air suspension fork is responsive, even at low pressures. They thereby allow a reasonable suspension travel even for the lighter cyclists. The suspension travel is 65mm for the 24 inch fork and 100mm for the 26 inch fork. Ultra-lightweight bike frame makes it easier to climb trails.
Frog mountain bikes offer:
– A lightweight, strong frame – Frog Bikes junior-specific 24 inch air suspension fork with lockout function and adjustable damping – Lightweight oversize handlebar and stem – Easy-to-reach hydraulic brakes – Shimano 9-speed Rapidfire gears – Patented Frog crank for more efficient cycling – Quick-release seatpost for easy height adjustment – Kenda MTB tires – Free 2-year warranty on frame and fork
Frog MTB 62 24 inch / 8-10 years / 11.3 kg Frog MTB 69 26 inches / 10-12 years / 11.4 kg Frog MTB 72 26 inch / 13+ years / 11.5 kg
Tour de France™ special edition
Since 2020, Frog has been working with A.S.O, the organizer of the Tour de France™ teamed up to bring a splash of yellow color to the product line. The bike series has the same features as the main Frog series – in addition to the bright yellow of the Tour de France™, the bikes are decorated with the black logo. The Tour de France™ special edition is an officially licensed product.
Away with the dirt
Frog recently introduced a Clean& Lube Kit for families that was developed in collaboration with Muc-Off (the world leader in bike care and cleaning products). It's designed to motivate kids at a young age to take good care of their bikes so they last a long time and run smoothly.
The Muc-Off x Frog Bikes Clean& Lube Kit contains:
– Nano Tech Bike bike cleaner 1Liter – Bio Dry Lube chain lubricant 50ml – Expanding Microcell sponge – 3x Muc-Off stickers – 2x Frog stickers – Carrying bag with cord
Both Nano Tech bike cleaner and Bio Dry Lube chain lubricant are fully biodegradable and solvent-free. This means that they are safe for the environment as well as for the users.