After you have chosen your first car, you can start your racing career right away. The license checks known from the predecessors are no longer present in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.
In Gran Turismo 5 Prologue there are five racing classes that increase in difficulty: C, B, A and S. 10 events must be completed per class.
Even without the license tests you can only race in the C class at the beginning, because only when you have successfully completed all races within a class, the next higher class becomes available. Your career starts with a meager 35.000 credits on the account. You still can't buy a real racing car with it.000 credits on the account and with that you still can't buy a real race car. In the course of the game you will have to drive one or the other race more than once to earn enough cash for the next car purchase. Buying new cars is necessary simply because in many races only very specific cars are allowed to participate, like for example only Japanese or front wheel drive cars.
Who is overstrained in the first races, can activate switchable driving aids like a fade in ideal line or optimal braking points.
Many of you will surely miss the typical Gran Turismo tuning settings in the beginning. The good news: of course you can tune your cars. The bad news is that this option is only available when you reach the S-Class.
The following small list shows you a POSSIBLE path through the races of all classes:
01. Buy the Honda Integra Type R '04
– Drive the race C-1 – Drive the race C-4 – Drive the race C-5 – Drive the race C-7 – Drive the race C-8 – Drive the race C-9 – Drive the race C-10
02. Buy the Suzuki Cappuccino '95
– Drive the race C-2 – Drive the race C-3 – Drive the race C-6 – After you have won all races of the C-class, you will get as a premium the Daihatsu OFC-1 '07.
03. Buy the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05
– Drive the race B-1 – Drive the race B-2 – Drive the race B-3 – Drive the race B-4 – Drive the race B-5 – Drive the race B-7 – Drive the race B-10
04. Get back into the Honda Integra Type-R '04
– Drive the race B-6
05. Buy the Nissan R35 GT-R '07
– Drive the race B-8 – Drive the race B-9 – After you have won all the races of the B class, you get as a premium the BMW Concept 1 Series ti '07.
06. Get back into the Nissan R35 GT-R '07
– Drive the race A-1 – Drive the race A-4
07. Buy the Ford GT '06
– Drive the race A-2 – Drive the race A-6 – Drive the race A-7 – Drive the race A-10
08. Buy the BMW M3 Coupe '07
– Drive the race A-3
09. Buy the Honda NSX Type R '02
– Drive the race A-5 – Drive the race A-9
10. Buy the Ferrari F430 '06
– Drive the race A-8 – After you have won all the races of the A class, you will get as a bonus the Skyline Coupe Concept '07. – In addition, the S-Class and the "quick tuning" option unlocked and you see the end credits.
In the S-Class events you should tune your cars before each race via the option "Quick tuning" optimize according to the track.
For example, if your vehicle is over the limit of a race, you can get in the "quick tuning" simply change some options and thus lower the horsepower.
Of course, the reverse is also true: if your car does not meet the requirements of a race, you can use "quick tuning" increase the horsepower and reduce the weight of the vehicle. You could participate with a much inferior vehicle, but that would make your racing life unnecessarily difficult.