Your friends are having a baby? Then you should have a look at THIS.
Wait a minute. Have you diaper…Torte said?
Yes. This is a great baby shower gift, because new parents can ~never~ get enough diapers, at least until their little one is potty trained. And they are a real eye-catcher at any party.
Here 18 different pies are explained:
1. An incredibly sweet bee cake.
Here is the instruction.
2. A diaper hot air balloon.
So cute, and even though there are less diapers in this cake than in the others, you can give the parents the remaining diapers separately. Here are the instructions, including free templates to print out.
3. The leaning tower of diaper cake!
To make the layers crooked, you can slip small pieces of a plastic tablecloth (as shown here) or a couple of onesies in between – perfect for twins! Here is the tutorial.
4. A perfect ballerina cake with tutu.
That's just the tutu tutorial (haha) but you can follow all the other diaper cake tutorials and then add the tutu. This is how you make them.
5. A stunning cake with a giraffe design and pinwheels.
Here are the step-by-step instructions, including tips on how to make the golden bow with giraffe design.
6. A cloth diaper tower with a dinosaur theme.
Sustainable and dinotastic! Here you can find the instructions.
7. A motorcycle (or bicycle!) With a cute stuffed animal of your choice as the driver.
This cake is full of gifts for parents-to-be: the headlight is a bottle, the seat is a bib, and the handlebars and body of the vehicle are baby blankets. Here you will find the step-by-step instructions. 8. A plain. Classic Chucks diaper cake. A plain. Classic Chucks Diaper Cake.
Smaller so you can make them when time is short. And this is how.
9. A tower of diaper cupcakes.
Mom gets a cupcake holder right away, for all the baking young parents won't have time for. Learn how to make it.
10. A cake whose top layer is made of colorful washcloths and doilies for teething babies.
In the middle of this cake is a roll of paper towels that new parents need too. Here's how to do it.
11. A cake with fairy wings for the future disguise collection.
And each tier of the cake is wrapped with pretty floral headbands. How to make the cake.
12. A sushi platter made out of cloth diapers (not a cake, but still counts).
Requires fewer diapers than traditional diaper cakes. Here is the tutorial.
13. An adorable cake with matching centerpiece.
This cake full of cool gifts replaces some of the diapers with washcloths, is wrapped in blankets and decorated with various toys and baby soaps. Here are the instructions.
14. A quick and easy to make wreath for the baby's room.
It can be made in under an hour if you buy a ready-made bow for it. Here is the instruction.
15. A bassinet cake made from two shoeboxes.
You can make a little baby out of towels and put it in there. Here's how you put it together.
16. A cake decorated with Uglydolls, with its most important ingredient hidden inside.
(It is of course champagne for the parents.) Here's how.
Are parents already getting a diaper cake from someone else or have they announced they don't want diapers? Turn a few onesies into a box of cupcakes.
Here are the instructions.