Let us invite you to a journey through the centuries. Experience the development of our beautiful mountain town with!
Cistercian monks, coming from Waldsassen, settle in Ossegg and found the Ossegg monastery. The foundation charter dates back to 1192.
– around 1200 The Bohemian knight Borso von Riesenburg is considered the builder of Borstensteyn Castle (Purschenstein Neuhausen). The documentary mention goes back to the year 1289 back as "Castrum Borsensteyn
– 1207 Sayda (Seydowe, Zavidow) and Friedebach (Fridbach) are mentioned for the first time in two documents. 1. Document issued by Ottokar, King of Bohemia 2. Document issued by Pope Innocent III. Both documents confirm the monastery Ossegg the 10. Part of the customs revenue of the customs house in Sayda, according to which Sayda must have existed before the year 1207. There is however no documentary evidence for it.
– 1209 The monks of the Osseggs monastery receive from the bishop of Prague the right to appoint a vicar in Sayda. Thus Sayda must have already possessed a church or chapel.
At 13. And 14. Century Sayda changes several times between Bohemian and Meissen rule, which is also documented. Reason for it is the border situation Saxony/Bohemia. 1352 Sayda finally changes to the Meissen rule. My Lord IV. Von Meißen acquires the castle and town from the Riesenburgers and enfeoffs the noble family von Schönberg with it. The first beginnings of mining also date back to this time. 1389 Peter von Schönberg is mentioned as a feudal lord. In a document in the Freiberg council archives it is mentioned that Peter von Schönberg gives the Franciscan monastery in Freiberg a shock of groschen from the customs revenue of the town of Sayda, in order to buy from it a soul device. – 1391 A keystone in the large town church in Sayda confirms the year of construction 1391. It is named after the Virgin Mary "Church to our dear women.
1414 In the city exists a bakers guild. 31. March 1435 At the time of the Hussite wars Sayda burns down for the first time. 1442 The presumably first town charter still preserved in copy is issued. There become the weekly market. The salt market is mentioned. 1443 Confirmation of the bakers' guild by the Schönberg family. In this letter the first mention is made of schoolboys who accompanied the corpses from the town gate to the cemetery. Meant are the choir students. 15. August 1463 Bernhard von Schönberg grants the town the town charter again. In the town charter the town school is mentioned. 1468 Regular fairs take place, which develop into small trade fairs. 1476 Bernhard von Schönberg donates a large sum of money from his estate to Sayda Hospital zu St. Johannis, which was built in 1508. 1480 Guild letter of the tailors, numerous other guilds were founded during this time 1486 Sayda counts 136 possessed men. (Friedebach 44, Clausnitz 40, Heidersdorf 29, Purschenstein 23, Seiffen 13)
Contrary to the legend of the existence of a Jewish settlement in Sayda, there is no archaeological evidence, nor are there any references to it in the archives.
1500 The Kantorei and the Kurrende are founded. 1502 After a fire, the church is rebuilt as a three-nave hall with a net vault and slender pillars. The church will be greatly enlarged structurally. The addition of the three-nave hall with reticulated vaulting and piers takes place. 1508 Caspar II. Von Schönberg had the Johannishospital built. One should "provide 5 poor people in the hospital with food and drink and with quite a lot of necessities forever". 1539 introduction of the Reformation in Sayda.
1539 First news about mining in Sayda Mortelgrund (copper, iron and silver), which never got a big importance. 1550 – 1555 A 6 cubit deep hollow way (old salt road) runs through the city, which Caspar von Schönberg had filled in and paved. 1558 Elector August confirms von Schönberg's town charter for Sayda. The barber Fabian Bräuer receives the town charter. Now operates a bathhouse. Proof of the guild of blacksmiths. Locksmith (guild seal still exists in the local museum). 1581 Order Caspar von Schönberg, the interest of the foundation "Horarum and the perpetual fair to be used for scholarships. 1584 Documentary mention of the first organ in the church. 1598/1599 The town and the parish are hit by a severe plague. 950 people fell victim to it. 30. October 1599 In the evening at 6 o'clock a fire breaks out in the mortuary of the gravedigger. Destroyed 200 houses, school, town hall, church and all supplies.
1603 Caspar von Schönberg has the town hall rebuilt from his own funds. It is not built of wood but of stone. 1632/1633 The plague claims 238 victims again. 7. October 1634 Complete devastation of the village with church, town hall and castle during the Thirty Years' War by an imperial officer. The completely destroyed castle was demolished afterwards. 1646 Four Swedish regiments plunder for 14 days in Sayda and the surrounding villages. 1648 Only about 100 inhabitants live in the town. 1652 After the Thirty Years' War, there were 76 inhabited houses, 14 burned down houses, including the town hall, 85 deserted houses or building sites and 60 deserted fields. 1657 Fire breaks out in the inn (today's "Goldener Löwe") and destroys 13 houses and 10 barns. 3. August 1681 17 barns fall victim to a lightning strike. 1690 Pastor Georg Abraham Wolff has the cemetery chapel expanded.
Old postcard "Gasthof zum schwarzen Ross
10. / 11. February 1702 44 town houses and 14 barns fall victim to the great town fire, including the church with tower and four bells as well as the town hall. Subsequently, the reconstruction of the church and the addition of the tower takes place. 1705 Sayda receives full mining freedom. The official letters and documents begin now: "We mayor and council of the free mountain town Sayda in Meissen". 1722 A fire destroys 4 residential houses and 15 barns with all supplies. 1729 A general fire fund is established. 1743 A large fire destroys 26 town houses and 19 filled barns. Destroyed also the gate building of the Bohemian Gate. The newly founded general fire insurance fund takes over the sixth part of the estimated damage sum. 1750 The town pharmacy receives its "Privilegii". 1764 In the city live 54 possessed men (11 hooves) and 99 cottagers.
1776 Fundamental renovation of the cemetery chapel. The hospital chapel is extensively renovated. The old dilapidated tower is taken down. 1777 5 fairs are held in the town: Carnival market, spring market, Bartholomäi annual market in August and 2 Advent markets. 1780 The second inn, the "Schwarze Roß is built. The Freiberg mining captain. Adam Rudolph von Schönberg (resident at Purschenstein Castle) builds on the ancient "Bohemian Road (Leipzig – Oederan – Sayda – Prague) the "small outwork" (today Saxon. Country inn on the Mühlholzweg). 1784 Adam Rudolph von Schönberg has the "Hospital zu St. Johannis" rebuild and enlarge. 10 poor people can now live here.
1813 Ca. 80.000 men of the French troops under the command of King Murat of Naples (Napoleon's brother-in-law) take up quarters in and around Sayda. King Murat himself took residence in the house of the master hatter Moritz Strauß. Two years after the stay here, King Murat was elected on 13. October 1815 shot in the castle of Pizzo. The debt burden for the town amounts to about 7.000 Reichstaler. 1823 The post office is established. 1834 Sayda counts 1154 inhabitants. 1838 The cemetery at the church is closed down and in 1867 is rebuilt in facilities. 1841 In summer the construction of the "1. Tractes" Sayda – Neuhausen started, the completion took place still in the same year. 31. August 1842 The last big town fire destroys 145 houses and 52 barns. Only 38 houses and 26 barns are not caught by the fire. 289 families with 1.100 people become homeless. All public buildings are destroyed by fire. The church is very badly damaged. Only a stone table remains of the altar. In the years 1843/1844 The reconstruction of the town takes place under new building regulations. Thus the terraced houses receive fire walls, the roofs are covered with slate. For the reconstruction u. A. Stones of the ruined castle. Wall uses. Since the town no longer has a town hall, the meetings of the town council are held in the chateau's administration building. 1844 The newly cast church bells are consecrated on Good Friday. Laying of the foundation stone for the new tower of the church. The Freiberger Chaussee, leading to Brüx, is built in a straight line and large width through the town. Foundation of the male choral society. The town of Sayda is rebuilt in the years 1843/1844 almost completely according to the new building regulations. In addition, the inauguration of the school took place. 1845 There were 34 trades in Sayda 1847 The newly cast church bells are pulled on the newly built church tower. 23. February 1848 The town council meets for the first time about the foundation of a savings bank in Sayda. 1849 The mayor and lawyer Oswald Golz, the journeyman tinsmith Karl Heinrich Lohse and the chairmaker Karl August Müller took part in the street fighting during the May Uprising in Dresden as revolutionaries. 1. The "Weekly Saida. Surroundings" appears as the first edition. Publisher is B. Stetter. The printing was done in the book printing house Gerlach in Freiberg. 1867 The Sayda printing house of Carl Lindner begins regular printing of the magazine "Wochenblatt für Sayda und Umgebung". 1879 the paper then appears daily under the title "Saydaer Anzeiger". From 1. July 1884 Max Förster is the editor. He sells the printing house 1896 to his editor Richard Lischke. 24./ 25. October 1851 The five-square town manor "Schönheide of Karl Louis Rechenberger (now Forsthaus) burns down completely shortly after midnight. 25. October 1851 The royal Saxon district court is inaugurated. This marks the end of the 500-year upper jurisdiction of the lordship of Schönberg. 2. August 1852 The savings bank Sayda is opened. The opening of the counter is 1 o'clock at Mr. Carl Ferdinand Teichmann, main street no. 77. 27. October 1852 Sayda becomes the residence of the district doctor. 1853 The first Advent market is cancelled. Founding of a wheelwright's shop by master wainwright August Dankegott Müller. The small business is constantly expanding. Manufacture of carriage-. Carriage wagon. 1893/94 they begin the production of skis and 1896/97 With the manufacture of mail carts to transport parcels. The company belongs to one of the main employers in the town until the fall of communism. 1856 Inauguration of the newly built organ by the Friedebach organ builder Jeheber. Jeheber himself does not experience the consecration any more, since it 1855 died. The organ was completed by the organ building company Jehmlich from Dresden. 1862 252 traders visit the Sayda fair, 54 of them shoemakers. 20. April 1863 In the "Schwarzes Roß" inn the gymnastics club is founded. Middle of the 19. At the end of the 19th century numerous associations are founded in Sayda as well as in other places, therefore one speaks in this time of a regular association meieri. 1865 At the inn" To the bath" the share bath with two bath cells with two bath tubs and two bath basins is opened. 1867 According to the timetable ("Sayda Timetable 1867"), the following items ran: twice daily messenger mail to and from Deutscheinsiedel (3 to 3 ½ hours), passenger and parcel mail twice to and from Freiberg (3 ½ to 4 hours), also twice to and from Olbernhau (1 ½ hour), once to and from Frauenstein (3 hours). The old post road led across Kreuztanne. 1868 The second Advent market is cancelled, after ready 1853 the abolition of the 1. Advent market took place. 1870/ 1871 German-French war – four Saydaer paid the war with their lives. 1871 The town counts 1616 inhabitants. 1872 A war memorial is erected for the fallen Saydaer. (current location is the square of the victims of fascism). 1872 Sayda gets a calibration office. In the opening year 19.228 Measures calibrated. 24. May 1873 Foundation of the volunteer fire department Sayda. 15.October 1874 Establishment of the official delegation Sayda 1875 Establishment of a registry office in Sayda 8. June 1876 11.30 o'clock 24 barns at the Kirchsteig to Friedebach are set in ashes. To the rescue of the "Black Horse" Inn a barn is demolished. 1. July 1876 Establishment of a telegraph operating station Sayda 1876 Opens the People's Library, it numbers 150 volumes. 1877 a "passenger omnibus travels from Sayda to Mulda – passenger fare 80 pfennigs. The volunteer fire department is founded in Friedebach. In Sayda takes place a trade-. Agricultural exhibition takes place. Ministers of state and government officials take part. 1883 The Naschmarkt becomes 400. Birthday of Dr. Martin Luther in "Luther Square renamed. The Luther lime tree is planted for this event. 1885 Ernst Reuter starts manufacturing kitchen utensils on a small scale. 1886 the start of construction of the "New School" takes place, also called "Fortbildungsschule. This is on 10. October 1887 inaugurated.
10. October 1887 The "New School, the later vocational school, on Pfarrgasse will be inaugurated. 1887 A new beautiful hospital is built in place of the burnt down castle farm building. Four hospital beds are set up. The family coat of arms of the Vitzthum von Eggstädt family is placed above the entrance door. (In the vernacular it is still called "Old Castle") 22. August 1892 6 barns at the Alte Heidersdorfer Straße burn down. 1892/1893 Bank store Günther and Rudolph, Dresden establishes a branch in Sayda. 1892 In the period from May to November, a thorough renovation of the interior of the church takes place, including the color design and the rebuilding of the altar, the pulpit and the pews. The festive consecration service is held on 6. November 1892 held by Superintendent Hesselbarth from Freiberg. 8. Inauguration of the water tower with waterworks. High pressure water pipes. 30.06./01.07.1897 After a record construction time of only 18 months, the ceremonial opening of the Mulda – Sayda narrow-gauge railway line takes place. The state buys the Schönheide town estate. Builds the state forestry administration Sayda. 1. December 1898 Inauguration of the electric power plant by the Berlin company Hermann Gielzinsky, thus the entire city is supplied with electricity and the old oil and petroleum street lamps have to give way to electric light.
1900 Sayda receives a new sluice, which is still partly in operation today. 20. February 1902 Due to spontaneous combustion in the malt kiln, large parts of the Glöckner brewery burn down. It is subsequently rebuilt in a more modern way. 1906 Inauguration of the cemetery chapel after fundamental renewal 1907 Max Mattheß founds a factory in Hallbach for the production of suitcases, household and kitchen appliances. 1914 he buys the residential and factory building in Sayda, built by Alfred Günzel, and relocates his production here. The company constantly expands its production. Is an important employer until the fall of the Berlin Wall. At last, mainly housings for record players, loudspeaker boxes, typewriters u.A. Manufactured. 1908 Establishment of an open-air gas station. 18. To 20. July 1908 The local festival takes place at this time. Many thousands of people come to Sayda. 1910 The city counts 1.311 inhabitants. 1911 The sports field is built. On 01.10.1911 the first competitions take place, in which 600 gymnasts and athletes participated. 1914 By laying telephone cables Sayda gets a telephone connection in the former post office building. 2. July 1914 A few minutes before six o'clock a fire breaks out in the property plan no. 17 at Clemens Krönert's. 10 houses (they had survived the town fire in 1842) sink in rubble in a short time. Another house is demolished to prevent the fire from spreading to the district court. 10 families and 16 single persons become homeless. Presumed cause is arson.
Cenotaph at the old location (bride gate of the church)
5. November 1922 Consecration of the cenotaph in memory of the fallen warriors in the First World War at the church 1922 The two school districts of Sayda and Friedebach, Ullersdorf/Pilsdorf join together to form a school association for the purpose of jointly establishing and maintaining a girls' further education school. The seat becomes Sayda. 1925 The district of Mortelgrund, which belonged to the municipality of Heidersdorf, was incorporated into Sayda. 27. June 1926 formation of a voluntary medical training column of the Red Cross in Sayda 1927 Foundation of the first women's sports group "Frauenriege des Turnvereins Sayda" 22. January 1928 Inauguration of the "Jahnschanze at the Dämmrichbusch. Rosel Dietel, Sayda, becomes the first woman to jump with. 30. July 1928 Inauguration of the Sayda swimming pool. It is fed by a water source. After several reconstructions and modernizations, it is unfortunately no longer in operation today. 1929 Construction and inauguration of a new post office building. 1929/30 construction and on 26.06.1930 Inauguration of a new local health insurance building on Lutherplatz. 1932 Inauguration of the Sayda market fountain in front of the town hall. 1935 The Reuter company builds a new factory building. The manufacture of kitchen utensils. Kitchen furniture runs at full capacity. After the end of the 2.During the Second World War, the company even supplies the town of Sayda with self-generated electricity by means of a locomobile. So it is written in the time of 6.00 to 22.00 o'clock electricity is available. 1967 Rudolph Günter, the owner of the company at that time, changes the production from kitchen to medical furniture. This company is the only large employer to survive the reunification period and today produces mainly high-quality hospital furniture for Germany and abroad under the name Möbelbau Sayda GmbH.
1940 – 1945 133 Eastern workers and prisoners of war are employed in Sayda in agriculture and in the factories. 1941 For the first time in Sayda a kindergarten is established in the HJ-Heim (fire department depot). 1943 Fire department service for women is introduced. 1945 End of the war Population: 1.908, including 575 refugees 7. May 1945 The Russian troops move in around 7 p.M. Coming from the old Voigtsdorfer Strasse. The 2 anti-tank barriers erected in April 1945 are no obstacle for the Russian troops, neither is the blowing up of the bridge in Teichstadt over the Biela River.Sad result for Sayda: 99 fallen and missing soldiers, 4 dead during the bombing raid in Dresden, 6 Sayda residents do not return from the internment camps, 41 dead due to the war turmoil in the month of May. 21. June 1945 Start of school operation after the war. 10. September 1945 The decree of the state administration of Saxony about the land reform is issued. The estates of the von Schönbergs of Purschenstein and Pfaffroda are distributed to landless peasants and workers. The owners of these castles are inhumanely treated or evicted. Both castles are looted and robbed. 1946 The first elections to the municipal parliaments are held. The distribution of votes in Sayda was as follows: Mayor Dr. Neubauer CDU, deputy. Mayor Oskar Müller SED, city councilors Max Reuter CDU, Paul Kaden non-party, Albin Rupprecht SED, Oskar Rudolph SED. 21. August 1949 A fair is held again for the first time after the war. 1950 After reconstruction, one of the first rural outpatient clinics of the Brand-Erbisdorf district is opened in the former local health insurance building. First doctor is Dr. Wittenbecher. Ullersdorf. Pilsdorf are incorporated to Sayda. Ullersdorf and Pilsdorf are incorporated into Sayda. 1951 Closing of the local court in Sayda. 1954 In the former district court building the Feierabendheim "Max Roscher" is established established. 50 home places are created. 1956 The "Erzgebirgische Hof formerly "Hotel zum Bad is acquired by the town council and completely rebuilt. For the 750th anniversary celebration in 1957, the restaurant is available again. June 1957 The 750th anniversary of the town of Sayda is prepared and carried out. About 15 – 20.000 visitors come to Sayda. In the "Erzgebirgischer Hof receptions are held. Events carried out. The Chairman of the Council of State Walter Ulbricht is a guest in Sayda. Many prominent guests from politics. Economy are present. The biggest attraction is the historical procession lasting several hours. 1957 Sayda becomes a recognized health resort. The FDGB vacation service includes Sayda. 1958 The first "agricultural production company (LPG) comes into being. November 1961 In Sayda a big action is started to get rid of the "West antennas from the roofs. Functionaries of the SED and high school students are in Sayda for a whole day to remove them. March 1965 A heavy snowstorm rages over the Erzgebirge and thus also over Sayda. On the F 171 is a big chaos. Busses and trains can't drive for a while or get stuck in the snow. 1966 After almost 70 years of service, the narrow-gauge railroad is discontinued. Passenger and freight traffic is transferred from the railways to the roads. The town sells the "Erzgebirgischer Hof" (formerly Actienbad, Hotel zum Bad) to the press and forge works Roßwein. After extensive reconstruction work, the facility is used as a training center-. Vacation home "Hermann Matern" opened. Busy until the turn of the century; vacation children. FDGB guests spend their vacations here. Local festivities and dances also take place in the large hall. After the reunification mainly the carnival club still uses the hall for events. 1990 the building is given to the Treuhand. Via an auction it comes into the hands of speculators. Vacant for many years. Decay follow. 1968/ 1969 A new modern gas station is built on Niederseiffenbacher Straße. 1969 Foundation of the Sayda carnival club DKS – decoration collective March 1970 One of the snowiest winters in Sayda. From 3. – 7. Disaster alarm must be triggered. For days all traffic stops. Companies and schools close for a few days. 1972 Nationalization of the enterprises partly under force (ski and carriage factory Müller, suitcase factory Matthes, furniture factory Günther, construction company Bilz). 28. March 1972 Roof truss fire in the parish office – one guest is killed 1973 to 1976 Construction of the natural gas route from the Urals to Germany (GDR). This route goes through Sayda territory. Sayda becomes a reloading point for Mannesmann pipes during this period. Then the compressor station is built. 1974 The kindergarten moves into the rebuilt former station building. 1977 Sayda receives a new school with gymnasium in the new building area "Am Wasserturm". The old school in Schulgasse is closed down. It is later used as a commercial facility. With the construction of the first four-story houses in the new development area "Am Wasserturm" is started. The crèche facility is also being built in this area. A total of 164 apartments are built at this site by 1990. This upswing is brought about by the gas compressor station that is built. 4. July 1978 The newly built natural gas compressor station experiences 19.25 o'clock a violent explosion under destruction of the control room. About half an hour later there is another explosion with a huge jet flame similar to an atomic bomb explosion. The 900 mm gas pipeline, under pressure, is affected. Window panes in Sayda. Friedebach go partially broken. The locking of the main line can only be done very late. Two people are killed, others are z. T. Badly injured. The damages to the compressor station are enormous. A cause of the explosion is never announced. On the day of the funeral of the two workers who died, the trade has to sell tropical fruits in order to distract the population. Dozens of police and state security officers patrol the town. Several citizens fled the town in fear after the explosion. The Sayda firefighter Gunter Krönert receives the rescue medal for saving a buried worker at the risk of his life.
Day care center (histor. Picture)
Secondary school (former. POS Ho Chi Minh/ historical. Image)
4. July 1978 Explosion of natural gas compressor station
1982 The inn "Schwarzes Roß is demolished. A sewage plant for the city is built in the Fleckenwiesen in the direction of Ullersdorf. Large parts of the town are rebuilt after. After connected in the next years. 11. Until 20. June 1982 Sayda celebrates its 775th anniversary. Many thousands of people visit Sayda. The historical parade. Other big events are attracting. 1983 The antenna community is founded with the goal of transmitting the so-called "West television" to receive. The plant is put into operation in December 1985 with relatively good quality. 1985/ 1986 A new bed house is built at the old people's and nursing home. The space capacity increases enormously. Thus a barn with Göbel drive becomes. The old prison wall demolished. 1989 mass flight to the "West" via Hungary – also about 30 Saydaer are present. In October the Monday demonstrations begin, in the windows there are many candles. When the Berlin Wall falls in November, almost nothing works on the administrative level anymore. Mayor Weindt tries to maintain order in Sayda, which he succeeds in doing. 1990 At one of the first meetings of the new town council, streets and squares are renamed. The "Hermann Matern" training and recreation home Roßwein (the "Erzgebirgische Hof") is handed over to the Treuhand (trust). This gastronomic facility is closed. 1990 Revival of many associations (trade association, EZV). 1992 Sayda is connected to the natural gas network. Many Sayda homeowners take advantage of this unique opportunity. 1993 The federal highway 171 through Sayda is fundamentally renewed. Inauguration of the local history museum "St. Johannis" in the former hospital (Spittel), the oldest still existing building of the city. 1994 Friedebach is incorporated into the town of Sayda. The "Golden Star is converted into an apartment building with a sales facility. Thus a further tradition restaurant is received. 1995 Inauguration of a cycling and hiking trail on the former railroad embankment
June 1995 Signing of the first town twinning with the Czech town Mezibori (Schönbach). Sayda receives a digital exchange of the Telekom. 1.400 telephone numbers are available. Every applicant now gets his telephone. Summer 1995 Creation of a nature trail between Mortelgrund and the alluvial pond area. July 1995 Move of the elementary school from the school building at the water tower to the newly reconstructed school building in Schulgasse. 1995/1996 The Sayda water tower, it is already more than 100 years old, is completely overhauled and goes afterwards again into operation. With this a historical building, still from the 19. Century, preserved for posterity. 1996 The photo store Pärnt celebrates its 50th anniversary. In the archive there are numerous photographic images of Sayda and its surroundings from the 50's, 60's and 70's, which were made by the store owner Emil Pärnt. After the early death of Emil Pärnt his daughter Angela Reichelt-Pärnt continues the business. A Raiffeisenbank opens a branch in the Dresdner street.
Coat of arms of Mezibori
1997 The volunteer fire department of Friedebach celebrates its 120th anniversary. January 1997 The dept. Ski in the SSV 1863 can celebrate two anniversaries: the 75. And the 40th. Peter Barthel memorial run takes place.
Memorial for the "Victims of War and Violence
1998 On 16. May becomes the Saxon country inn "Kleines Vorwerk inaugurated after thorough overhaul. The volunteer fire department Sayda celebrates its 125th anniversary. In this context the inauguration of a fire department museum takes place. A newly built vehicle hall. In the thoroughly renovated building of the former "Neue Schule" The comrades of the F receive a beautiful new training room in the upper floor. The first floor houses a police station. All war memorials in Sayda and the districts Friedebach and Ullersdorf are restored under the direction of the Erzgeb. Local history museum. On this occasion a new memorial was built for the victims of war. Violence built in the years 1938 – 1955 in the railroad station facilities. On this occasion, a new memorial to the victims of war. Violence in the years 1938 – 1955 built in the station facilities. This memorial should be erected at the church, but the church council could not give permission from his point of view. A support association is founded for the restoration of the organ and the church at Sayda. The Saydaer Schwibbogen is inaugurated.
2. June 1998 The Saxon Forestry Office Brand-Erbisdorf inaugurates the "Gottfried-Krönert-Steig" near the Saydaer height. 1999 The old school in Friedebach is converted into a community center. The foundation stone for the nursing home "Am Mortelgrund" is laid. Sayda and Dorfchemnitz establish an administrative community with the seat in Sayda. The day nursery "Bahnhofsspatzen celebrates its 25th anniversary in the former station building.
A second town twinning between Sayda and the Italian Sogliano al Rubicone is signed. Deutsche Bundespost sets up a mail distribution center in the former post office.
Coat of arms of Sogliano al Rubicone
2001 Ullersdorf celebrates its 550th village anniversary. Foundation of the town association Sayda. Foundation of the day care center association "Bahnhofsspatzen e. V. Sparkasse Sayda celebrates its 150th anniversary. 2002 Inauguration of the nursing home "Am Mortelgrund. 125th anniversary of the F. Friedebach and 50th anniversary of the fire department band Friedebach. Inauguration of a pond fountain in Friedebach. F train Ullersdorf celebrates its 125th anniversary. Gottfried Krönert, chairman of the Erzgebirgszweigverein since its revival, director of the local history museum since its opening and local chronicler for many years, is awarded the 2002 Culture Prize in Dresden. The great flood catastrophe in August also leaves great damage in Ullersdorf and Friedebach.
2003 Inauguration of the new sports field. 10th anniversary of the youth association Sayda e. V. After revival. 2004 The fire station Friedebach receives a new extension. It takes place an extensive interior-. Exterior renovation of the Hospital Church. The old sandstone gravestones inside the church are restored by a restoration company in Chemnitz and now decorate the chancel. A multipurpose hall for the youth guesthouse is being built in Mortelgrund. Since there is no larger hall available in Sayda, the town is also allowed to use the premises for festive events.
Coat of arms of Strenci
28. May 2005 Signing of another town twinning between Sayda and the Latvian municipality of Strenci. 2005 Sayda is the host of the 19. German Senior Championships and 15. Saxony championships in cross-country skiing. The elementary school Sayda celebrates its 10th anniversary in the restored school building, connected with this is a name consecration. It carries from now on the name "Max Rennau". Max Rennau was head teacher, cantor and local chronicler in Sayda. The folk choir Sayda e. V. Celebrates its 25th anniversary.
2006 Inauguration of a new sports and meeting center (SBS) on the old Friedebacher Street 2007 Storm "Kyrill" wreaks havoc in our forests. Long-time soccer coach Dittmar Leichsenring receives "Joker im Ehrenamt" award.
21. June – 1. July 2007 Festival week for the 800th anniversary of Sayda/Friedebach. Festively decorated Sayda celebrates its 800th birthday. Birthday. Many guests enter our town through the specially erected town gate. Special highlights are a concert of the Kreuzchor and the parade, which is led by approx. 15.000 visitors will be marveled at and the title "Parade of superlatives Receives.
2008 The electrical company Steffen Grän is awarded the environmental prize by the German Chamber of Crafts in Chemnitz. 2009 Klaus Dörge from Ullersdorf is honored by the German Weather Service for his 25 years of work as a phenology observer (observation and recording of weather events in connection with the documentation of processes in the plant and animal world). The DKS e. V. (decoration collective Sayda) celebrates its 40th anniversary. The town church receives a new colorful interior renovation. The electrical company Braune celebrates its 50th anniversary. 2010 Beginning of the demolition of the old gymnasium of the secondary school.
The organ of the town church is removed and completely renovated by the Jehmlich organ building company in Dresden. Laying of the foundation stone for the new school building with two-field sports hall. 2011 Topping-out ceremony for the two-field sports hall The soccer section celebrates its 100th anniversary. The epitaphs of the von Schönberg family in the town church are renovated. 40. Mountain festival. 20. Harvest festival in Ullersdorf. 50 years church trombone choir Sayda.
Entrance high school after renovation
2012 The new two-field sports hall as well as the reconstruction and extension of the secondary school are completed and ceremoniously handed over for their intended purpose. The restoration of the epitaphs is completed and with it a renovation of the entire building lasting several years. The company Möbelbau GmbH Sayda builds a new production hall. The company A. Adam builds a new vehicle hall on the site of the demolished Baumeisterhaus. The nursing home "Am Wallgraben" receives a new kitchen wing and a large community room.
2013 The Sayda secondary school is renamed the "Bergstadtschule" secondary school. Inauguration of a new playground in Ullersdorf. 20 years Saydaer Amts- und Heimatblatt. 30. Christmas market in Sayda. The SSV 1863 e.V. Celebrates its 150th anniversary. The town archive Sayda moves into the former municipal office Dorfchemnitz. Gottfried Krönert (the "Spittelvater") dies at the age of 86 years.
2014 A large fire destroys large parts of the old brewery ruin. Arson is suspected. Inauguration of a painter's path in and around Sayda with works of art, local history and hobby painters. Mainly works of the Sayda-born academic art and local painter Kurt Preißler (1893-1968) are on display. The Malerweg is extended again and again in the next years. Sayda receives the certificate "State-recognized resort". 2015 The Sayda compressor station has existed for 40 years.
Painter's path station Bürgergarten
2016 The town of Sayda and the municipality of Dorfchemnitz publish their first joint official journal. The 45. Mountain festival is completely under the slogan "625-year church Sayda "To our dear women". Ullersdorf celebrates the 25. Harvest festival. The old dilapidated building, also known as "Beckertfleischerei" is demolished.
2017 The Friedebachers celebrate their 50th birthday. Bird shooting. Demolition of the ruins of the former vacation home "Hermann Matern" is started. 2018Beginning with the demolition of the ruins of the old brewery. The building of the former rural outpatient clinic is demolished and the construction of a new modern doctor's office begins. The old former school building in Friedebach will be demolished. A modern building with residential units suitable for the elderly and a day care center is created. The winter sports department of the SSV 1863 e.V. Celebrates its 125th anniversary.
2019 Inauguration of the medical practice Sayda. There are practice rooms available for three physicians. In Friedebach, the facility for age-appropriate living with day care is inaugurated. The construction area at the "Alte Heidersdorfer Straße" developed by the company Gläser-Komplettbau from Friedebach is handed over to its intended use. It offers space for eight homes. In the same year the first plots are already sold. The DKS e.V. Celebrates its 50th anniversary. Construction of a new natural gas pipeline from the Baltic Sea to the Czech Republic through our territory.
2020 After many discussions, efforts and long arguments between citizens, city and local councils, the mayor with the board of the savings bank Mittelsachsen closes to the 1.1.2020 the savings bank branch in Sayda. In the future, the Sparkassenmobil will make a stop in the town every 14 days. The EUGAL natural gas pipeline goes into operation. Sayda and the local parts are equipped with new sirens. CORONA and his effect do not stop also before our area. The first two homes in the new residential area "Alte Heidersdorfer Straße" are built.